Daydream of the Night - Buckethead "Siege Engine" (Fatih Eger)

 



Daydream of the Night

 

Night:

You may call me the mysterious Night

Desperately in need of your delicate daylight

Even for a single touch or an innocent flirt

I would accept the red dawn and gladly be burnt

 

Day:

If my flare blinded you, do not be misled

Do not approach me as if you recently met

How can you convince the chaos to keep up with dignity?

Is it due to ignorance or just your stupidity?

 

Night:

Are you mistaken by the dark side of my moon?

Please remember, I’ll even embrace your doom

My dusk is pure as the traces of a shooting star

Be my eternal companion, like the spark of a firefly

 

Day:

Could you convert terrene into a miracle?

Should I witness the thrive which has become typical?

A new unknown could appear in honor of our mingling

Here’s no place for fear, my soul is slowly surrendering

 

Night:

In my veins, I feel the flow of Jack Daniels

My affection for you is rather miscellaneous

The Drunken Fool will not acknowledge the kiss of death

Until you touch my skin with your sparkling breath

 

Day:

I’ll give you a chance to prove your loyalty

The Day is difficult and full of cruelty

Tenderness lies underneath I’m not heartless

My ray may guide at dawn and heal your darkness


-


There is an interaction between two different moods of guitar playing in the music piece I chose. The first one is calm as the tranquility of the night whereas the other one is much more chaotic and complicated like the daytime. That is why I decided to write a poem about the love of Day and Night in which Night finally seizes a chance and approaches Day. At some point it becomes also clear that these different moods of sounds are combining and creating a harmony. That stands for the surrender of Day to Night after the eternal chasing. Additionally, the title of the poem reflects that this union is never going to happen since the fusion of the day and the night is scientifically impossible. Thus, this union, in a way, is out of this world and obscure for human perception. By doing so, I wanted to highlight the fact that the music piece I chose is an artwork which is extraterrestrial.


No comments:

Post a Comment