Anaklasis (Nathlia Schmidt)

 Link to Sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQiu4xa1lg

Anaklasis

 

He-? He-? Hello?

Yes?

No, I-

Sorry?

I cannot, cannot-

Open your eyes.

What?

Wake up.

No. It’s too dark.

I told you to wake up.

Where do we go when there is nothing but darkness?

WAKE UP!

 

Can I? C aa nn I? Can I?

 

White. 

Piercing tired eyes. All Light, no colour. Really?

Green Enduring. Red Aching. Orange Calming.

Screaming Yellow, Silent Blues, Violet’s Silky Velvet enclosing.

Bright Light Beating, Yelling, Am I here? Am I here?

Rising, Sinking, Always asking, Never finding.

Cotton Clouds fill the Sky. Black. No?

How can we know? How can we tell black from white? Can we?

Black.

 

Drip. Drip. Drip. Dripping down, coolly,

Seeing all, hearing Nothing. Is it

Streaming or merely Floating down the eternal flow of

Nature?

Splashing, Splashing Rain of Ice. Melting in the

Sun.

Sweating and Freezing back into the

Sky.

White. Clouds. Crumbling.

 

Hello, dear.

Who are you?

Someone who knows everything about you.

But I don’t know you.

It’s better this way.

Ow. Let me go!

Come, dear, I’ll show you Light.

Open your eyes, dear, You’ll see Light.

Open your ears, dear, You’ll hear Light.

Smell it. Taste it. Feel it.

LIGHT.

 

I’m back.

Who?

I’m back. Drunk on Light.

Sorry?

I cannot, cannot-

Speak up.

What?

Speak up.

No, I’m hoarse.

I told you to speak up.

Where do we go when there is nothing but silence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment