Fundament - edIT "Ants" (Laura Neu)

Link for Sound: https://youtu.be/j81fYZVvFh4 

Fundament

 

1.        Arriving at the bus stop,

Checking the time

Pulling my tank top.

Oh no, I stepped into grime.

 

2.        Changing the song

Listening to alt-J,

Hmm, the bus takes long

Damn, the day feels grey.

Checking the time again

Will be late in the doc's room.

Counting to ten,

Still, I fume.

 

3.        I absolutely hate being late.

It's no fun to get an appointment,

Waited four months,

Now this really is a disappointment.

 

For once couldn't the bus be here

At least once a year.

 

4.        Suddenly something catches my eye.

Look at that, a butterfly,

Stopping all my rambling and so much thinking.

Nice it has cute yellow dots.

 

5.        Feeling the sun on my skin

All of a sudden making me grin

This is what I waited for

Exactly what summer has in store.

 

6.        Stop!

Realizing what transpired:

My bad mood expired.

 

7.        Opening my eyes, I see

An old lady smiling at me.

Happily, I smile back at the elderly woman

My bad mood seems like a blur

Deciding here and now, every day starting today,

I let the bus ruin my day somehow

For what it's worth

I want to appreciate what I have on this earth

I cannot change what I cannot control

Also, I'm relieved this is not my purpose in life.

 

8.        The bus arrives I step in,

This feels like a win.

Perhaps the doc still has my spot

I won't be mad even if not.

Choosing to be content.

Yes, this should be my fundament.

No comments:

Post a Comment