The Anxieties of Life and the Great Unknown - "Stranger Things Theme" (Kathrin Wagner)

Link to Sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RcPZdihrp4

The Anxieties of Life and the Great Unknown

 Making your first steps,

Falling down, tripping, getting back up.

 

The first day of Kindergarten,

Not knowing what to do, who to talk to, making friends.

 

The first day of elementary school,

Failing a test, getting a bad grade, getting help.

 

The first day of middle school,

Falling for someone, they don’t like you back, but you have your friends who are always there for you.

 

The first day of high school,

Not passing the driver’s exam, ashamed, graduating with honors.

 

The first day of University,

Feeling dumb, like not belonging, finding a community where you do fit in.

 

The first apartment,

Loneliness, panic, breathe, call your mom or dad to talk it out.

 

The first long term relationship,

Miscommunication, investing too much or too little, talking about it together.

 

The first dog,

Bites, doesn’t listen, turns one year old; with time comes understanding.

 

The first-child,

Can I do this? Will the child resent me? Will I make a good parent? There is no right or wrong.

 

The first fight,

What did I do? Was it something I said………

 

The first time realizing,

I need to stop overthinking. Nobody is perfect. Failure is normal; without failure, what would we learn. There is no way I’m living the rest of my life concerned with what other people think about me and what I think of them. It’s my life and my journey, and I should be the one deciding what I want to do!

 

The first grey hair,

Not panicking, realizing that it comes with age, digging the silver fox that I see in the mirror.

 

Relief. Peace.

 

Calm. Breathe.

 

Understanding. Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment